Tuesday, February 28, 2012

the moment you ALL have been waiting for.


Yes, friends, yesterday I actually opened up my copy of Mansfield Park for the first time. 

My struggle is not wanting to take away from our monthly discussions, but to add to it, so if the following discussion question will hinder your ability to contribute to our next meeting, then tell me so I can alter any discussion topics I have for the future.

In the last three books, we've seen Jane Austen's satirical commentary on wealth and connections. This book, to me, seems to be no different. What point (and maybe this is obvious) is she trying to make about money? How does it speak to her personal view of true love an happiness?

Let the comments commence!


- Kayla 

2 comments:

  1. I am so excited for this, Kayla!
    #1- I am excited that we are doing discussion questions. It keeps me accountable to keep reading, and helps me think intelligently (right?)about what we are reading.
    #2-I am very excited that you chose this as your first topic- I will give you an anal insight into how much I wanted to talk about it. I am labeling my book with post-it notes with areas that I think are important/need talked about/etc. I am color coding the post-it notes...and I am using green ones for times that love & money come up- there are lots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for idea, Katie. I now will be color coordinating as well. Genius!

    ReplyDelete