Saturday, January 21, 2012

S & S Discussion- The Quotes

Betsy- "What, are they going to live on love and 200 [British] pounds a year?"

Katie- "Stop! We have to record this!"
Betsy- "What!!! We're recording?"

Kayla- "The more that I read Austen, the more I realize that her writing is a commentary on the ridiculousness of people and society."

Betsy- "I don't know if I should be embarrassed or not..." (in reference to admitting what we are doing [having our Jane Austen Book Club] in this coffee shop)
Karla- "It's not like we are reading Danielle Steel or Nora Roberts!"

Betsy- "So I pinned finger knitting on Pinterest last night..."
Kayla- "Wait. You were on Pinterest last night, but you didn't finish the book?"
Betsy- "No!  It was only for like 15 minutes, while I was waiting for the brownies to bake..."
Kayla- "Wait! You were baking brownies, but you didn't..."
(****addendum- this was actually all Karla's fault, but the conversation was too long to record...)

Katie- "Can we talk about the lock of hair now?  OK.  Number one- it is gross."
later.. (after reading this wikipedia article)
Katie- (In reference to lovelocks-) "Have you all seen Dr. Quinn? Sully has a lovelock that he cuts the day of his and Dr. Quinn's wedding."
Betsy- "This is not the first time that Dr. Quinn has been referenced during book club.  The validity of this conversation just plummeted."


Katie- "I think that we should rewrite the ending so that Marianne dies.  It makes more sense."
Kayla- "YES! I would have felt better about that!" (said with a straight face and lots of vehemence.)

Kayla- "That is one mountain that I would die on."

3 comments:

  1. I laughed so much over these quotes that my brother's dog started barking at me. You girls are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Betsy- Thank you for your clarification brackets []. I got to thinking about the 200 pounds one...and realized that it could be taken in other ways :)

    Anita- Bring Deuce to book club. He would do lots of barking, because we are laughing. A. Lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Anita, you should come be a guest contributor sometime! And maybe a note-taker/photographer. Katie had a big job doing all of that today!

    ReplyDelete