Sunday, December 18, 2011

The Food- P & P Viewing Party


I also made Peppermint Fudge Sandwich Cookies and Pretzel Bites.  I will post a picture of the cookies later, but you can access the link to the recipes now.  Even though the pretzels didn't turn out as well as I'd hoped, maybe someone else will have better luck with them.   ~Betsy

Not pictured, was spinach artichoke dip. My favorite appetizer of choice. It was taken from a Cooking Light article years ago (and I mean years, as in I was in Jr. High). It SO good AND it's practically healthy.

Also not picture were the Chicken Enchiladas, which needed a little work.  Basic recipe:
Cook 3 chicken breasts.  Shred, and mix with one can cream of chicken soup, about a cup of mozzarella cheese, and a little bit of chicken broth.  Warm flour tortillas for 30 seconds in the microwave wrapped in a damp towel.  Place a heaping spoonful of the chicken mixture in the middle of a tortilla and wrap.  Place in a 9x13 pan sprayed with nonstick spray.  Repeat until pan is full.  Cover enchiladas with about a half a can of soup mixed with a little broth. (this is what I messed up- they just need to be barely covered). Cover with more cheese.  Bake about 30 minutes at 350.

No comments:

Post a Comment