Monday, June 25, 2012

S & S Viewing Party- The Quotes


I was digging through my craft supplies tonight (Um, try 3 months ago! I don't know how I managed not to publish this one. Sorry, readers.) and stumbled upon a couple of forgotten slips of paper with quotes from our viewing party that was.... so long enough ago that I have forgotten the date! Luckily, Google Calendar remembers, and it was February 11th, so since it is now March 22nd, June 25th, that was definitely awhile ago. Anyway, faithful readers, I have for you some (I am sure) long-awaited quotes that are now being revealed to you for the very first time. Enjoy!

(Editor's note: Keep in mind that we were rather out of sorts that night. Kayla had run a bunch of miles that day, and it was actually a very cold day, considering our mild winter, so she was in pain. The rest of us were just tired and out of it, so our quotes may be a little sub-par.]

Kayla- "I just think we're so great."

Betsy- "We are kind of boring tonight."

Kayla- "He's just gotten more stupider... and I know that's not a word."

Kayla- "I just don't know why we aren't married... 'cause we have great brains!"

Katie- "I think this is the negativitst... that's not a word."

Karla- "You should have putten..." (followed by silent, shaking laughter)

Katie- "I'm not putting that on the blog. Don't write it down!" (I wish I could remember what it was she said not to write down! We actually listened to her!)

Betsy- "How about you just leave me alone and let me do my crafting!"

Karla- "You put them [marbles] in the oven..."
Betsy- "I know... and they turn into diamonds."

While we were very confident of our great brains, we still managed to record the use of at least three non-words, and the rest of our conversation was just, well, lacking its usual literary zeal. It was probably a good thing that we ended up shutting off the movie before it ended and going home.

What a night!

2 comments:

  1. This post was (followed by silent, shaking laughter) from me. Oh my!

    And I have no idea what I forbid you from writing down...I must have stolen that memory from all of us!

    These were great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A blast from Book Club of the past! This is what happens when I get put in charge of things... dangerous!

    ReplyDelete