Sunday, May 13, 2012

A Landmark Called Jessica.

In life there are always landmarks.
Moments that change or define your journey or course of direction.

This "book club" venture of reading all of Jane Austen's books in a year has certainly been a trip (and a half).

And on the path of 19th century British literature we hit a wall, or came to a mountain so to speak. A mountain to hard to overcome. This mountain called Mansfield Park.

We sat, bemoaning in the nothingness of this book. Exhausted in all of our efforts to discuss. When we discovered a bright, beaming light. A beacon hope that could keep us going.  This blog has a fan. Her name is Jessica.

As you can see, we were in hysterics when reading her email.

We were crying, we were laughing so hard. 

So on our journey, Jessica became a landmark - the encouragement we needed to keep going. To keep reading. To keep discussing.



But in all seriousness, and all melodramaticness aside, this journey has truly brought joy and hope into my life these past nine months. Because of the bond of friendship - and sharing life and love and literature together.

- Kayla.

PS: I think this might be the first blog assignment I have actually completed.

2 comments:

  1. OMG! Is this for me?
    A beaming light? Nobody have never told me anything like that before!! I hope to be a enough beacon to help you in Mansfield Park storm!
    Hahaha, it's the first time I got a post all for me! Thank you ssoo much, you are so kind!
    What a surprise.. I'm laughing so hard. You made me blush. Where's the window, I need some fresh air..

    I will write you! :)

    ReplyDelete